Introduction of Policy
Materials on this website are published to provide visitors with free information. However, this website is not designed for the purpose of providing legal or medical advice to individuals. Visitors should not rely upon information on this website as a substitute for personal legal or medical advice.
While we make every effort to provide accurate website information, laws can change and inaccuracies happen despite our best efforts. If you have an individual legal or medical problem, you should seek legal or medical advice from an attorney or licensed physician in your own state. By using this Website, the User consents to and acknowledges all practices set forth and described below.
Information Collected by Displaced Orphans
The User may navigate Displaced Orphans website without disclosing any personally identifiable information to Displaced Orphans. Personally identifiable information is collected from the User only when expressly consented to by the user . The User must grant consent to Displaced Orphans to collect information either by e-mail or by submitting an Information Request Form. The User’s personally identifiable information is used by Displaced Orphans for the following purposes:
- To provide services to Users, to communicate with Users about Displaced Orphans services and franchise offerings, to respond to User inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that DisplacedOrphans may send or display to Users, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize User experiences while using the Website or our services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, Displaced Orphans may use User information, such as email address, to send news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact Users about products or information we think may interest them. Displaced Orphans also may use information regarding Users to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites or administering sweepstakes, contests and other promotions.
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To better understand how Users access and use the Website, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve the Website and services and respond to User desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Displaced Orphans does receive non-personally identifiable information through log files and Cookies when the User accesses DisplacedOrphans Website. Should the User choose to disable or reject Cookies, certain areas of DisplacedOrphans website may not display properly. Displaced Orphans monitors the quantity of visitors and each visitor’s purpose through Cookies.
Specific Technical information: IP address; page views, operating systems, Web browser software, referring and destination Websites — is automatically collected from the User (with Cookies enabled). Displaced Orphans uses this information with User statistics to improve Displaced Orphans website. Displaced Orphans does not link any information gathered from Cookies or log files to personally identifiable information.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. As noted above, Users may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies). We are not aware of third parties that collect personally identifiable information about User online activities over time and across different Web sites when Users visit Displaced Orphans Website.
Displaced Orphans Information Disclosure Practices
Displaced Orphans does not share User information with third parties without the express written consent of the User. Certain special circumstances require that DisplacedOrphans share User information:
(1) where such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of our Users or others, or
(2) with service providers performing services on our behalf, which may include communication, database, event management, hosting, mailing and marketing services. Any service providers employed by our company will have access to User information for the sole purpose and to the extent necessary to enable performance of service on behalf of Displaced Orphans.
Displaced Orphans has no obligation to monitor Displaced Orphans website or the use of Displaced Orphans, or to retain the content of any User session. However, Displaced Orphans reserves the-right at-all-times-to monitor, review and/or retain any information in order to comply with the law or protect the safety of our Users or others.
If the Displaced Orphans is acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or to a third party as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, Displaced Orphans may transfer the information collected from Users to the other company or third party.
Displaced Orphans may occasionally include links to external sites on its Website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement from Displaced Orphans of such external website or the products and services offered at such site. If the User links to a third party site from Displaced Orphans website, any information the User reveals through that third party site is not subject to Displaced Orphans Privacy Statement herein.
Displaced Orphans website employs industry-standard security measures designed to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of information provided by the User via Displaced Orphans Website. Displaced Orphans cannot fully eliminate all risks, and is not to be held responsible for unauthorized access to information by Internet Users with malicious intent or those who have obtained such access through illegal means.
Children Under 13
This Website is not designed for children under 13. If Displaced Orphans discovers that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information (except for information provided by a child’s parent in connection with the services provided by Displaced Orphans or its franchisees), Displaced Orphans will delete such information from its systems.
Changes and Questions
Contact Displaced Orphans